- Job Title: Volunteer Online Education Programme Coordinator
- Reporting to: Online Education Platform Project Manager
- Timeframe: August – November 2021 (4 months)
- Hours of work: Between 5 and 10 hours / week
- Place of Work: Remote working (online)
- Remuneration: Volunteer position, but stipend of up to €2,500 is available to cover costs
Doras is an independent non-governmental organisation that works to support and promote the rights of asylum seekers, refugees and migrants. We provide a range of services and supports relating to international protection, integration, anti-racism and immigration. Our campaign work is informed by our direct support and focuses on systemic issues that cause inequalities, particularly affecting people from refugee and migrant backgrounds.
Working in collaboration with New Horizon and Dignity Partnership, Doras now seeks a volunteer to assist with the implementation and roll-out of an online education platform for asylum seekers and refugees in Ireland. The system will be based on a proven online learning platform for refugees that is already used extensively in a number of countries including Germany and Lebanon. It will be configured to meet the specific needs of protection applicants and others in Ireland who wish to develop their skills and competencies and/or open up pathways to employment and further education.
Main duties of the post:
- To work closely with the Online Education Programme Advisory Group to design the layout and select initial learning platform content from an extensive repository;
- To identify additional education and training material to meet the specific needs of protection applicants and refugees in Ireland;
- To assist in compiling a strong evidence base to support ongoing development of the online learning programmes;
- To assist in promotion, marketing and advertising of the initial online learning platform;
- To assist in the preparation of further funding opportunities with a view to expanding the platform.
- To attend and contribute to meetings of the Online Education Programme Advisory Group and project team;
- To maintain records of all work;
- To maintain strict confidentiality of personal information about participants in the project.
The ideal candidate will have
- A strong interest in and knowledge of online educational programmes;
- A commitment to working with asylum seekers and refugees to help them achieve their potential in Ireland.
The role presents an exciting opportunity to work with asylum seekers and refugees to co-design and develop a platform to help meet their education and training needs. Suitable candidates should be available from August to November (inclusive), with the initial platform expected to go live in October.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and a letter outlining your interest and suitability in the role
Closing Date for Applications: 24th July 2021