Doras direct support staff can help people who have received refugee status/ subsidiary protection/ leave to remain and are trying to move from Direct Provision to independent living.
Support services that can Doras provide:
- Help to navigate the housing and social welfare system
- Assistance completing the necessary forms
- Call landlords on your behalf
- Accompaniment to viewings
- Liaise with landlords/ Limerick City Council/ Community Welfare Officer.
If you are seeking assistance in finding accommodation and moving out of Direct Provision, please contact us.
For detailed information on the steps you need to take when trying to move out of Direct Provision, see the links and resources listed below.
USEFUL INFORMATION & APPLICATION FORMS
- Doras “Moving Out of Direct Provision” Guide
- Limerick City & County Council (Council Housing section)
- Application form for Housing List
- Find your local Community Welfare Officer (Limerick)
- Contact the Homeless Action Team
- Tenant information for Housing Assistance Payment (HAP)
- Guide to Living Independently
- Search for available properties on Daft.ie
USEFUL CONTACT DETAILS
Limerick City & County Council
Tel: 061 407100
Homeless Action Team
2 Church Street
St Johns Square
Tel: 061 481212