17/08/2021 Migrant & refugee support organisations have issued a joint letter to the Irish Government welcoming the commitments made in relation to the humanitarian crisis in Afghanistan and calling for further action.
We call for:
1. Use unfilled resettlement places to resettle Afghan refugees
2. Increase number of humanitarian admission visas
3. Provide international protection to Afghan protection applicants
4. Fast track family reunion applications
5. Ensure Afghans have access to protection
Read the full letter below:Afghanistan-joint-letter-to-Taoiseach-17.08.2021