The Refugee Resettlement Toolkit is a set of guides and resources developed by Doras, available to any group working on resettlement or community sponsorship programmes in Ireland. These resources have been tried, tested, reviewed and developed across three Doras refugee resettlement programmes in Laois (2015-2016), Limerick (2017-2018) and Wexford (2017-2019).
Click to access the full Refugee Resettlement Toolkit, as well as downloadable chapters and resources.
*Please note, Refugee Resettlement Toolkit to be made available in early May 2020*
Doras has developed a New Arrivals Guide to assist people who have recently immigrated to Limerick. You can download the resource here. A booklet in hard copy is available from Doras which is useful for companies and institutions that have large numbers of employees and/or students relocating to Limerick. The guide contains useful information for immigrants about visas, important documents, finding places to live, working, healthcare, education and childcare.
If you would like hard copy booklets, please contact us at Doras.
Doras Luimní worked in partnership with Mary Immaculate College and the DICE project to produce a resource for primary school teacher’s with an interest in teaching about migration and migrant rights. Journeys is a whole-school resource on the theme of migration, rights and integration. The resource is divided into four themes: Stereotypes; Culture; Journeys; and Protection.
If you would like to purchase the resource, please visit the Mary Immaculate College website here: Purchase Journeys
We are proud of our record of collaborating with and assisting professional and student researchers on a wide range of projects, as well as commissioning and carrying out our own research. We continue to try to do so where appropriate and feasible because the production of new research adds to the evidence base informing our work. However, as a small charitable organisation we experience intense demand on our limited resources.
At Doras we receive a considerable number of requests for interviews on a yearly basis. While we endeavour to support researchers in their work, it is not possible to accommodate all candidates due to time and resource constraints.
If you wish to collaborate with Doras on your research, please see/complete the following instructions:
- Please consider all ethical considerations when conducting your research.
- Please read our published resources and other relevant material in relation to your research topic in advance of an interview.
- Please download the research collaboration form here: Research Assistance
- Please complete the form and return to email@example.com for consideration.
- Please allow 4 weeks for assessment and decision on your application to be reached.
- If successful, please provide all interview questions and a project information sheet in advance of interview.
- **Please note that the interview may be conducted over the phone or in person, depending on staff availability.