We are always on the lookout for skilled and passionate people who want to join our team. We are particularly keen to hear from people with reception, admin, communications, design, technology, fundraising, and event management skills. You can register your interest in volunteering using the online form below. You can also scroll below that to see any current opportunities.
Volunteer Role Description
Volunteer Role Title Receptionist
Reporting to Advice & Information Centre Manager
Hours of work Morning or afternoon, Monday – Friday
Place of Work DORAS Offices, 51A O’Connell Street, Limerick
Doras are seeking volunteers to answer and forward phone calls for a morning or afternoon, Monday to Friday. The position is a voluntary one but travel and other expenses will be reimbursed. Training will be provided.
DORAS is an independent non-governmental organisation that works to support and promote the rights of asylum seekers, refugees and migrants. We provide a range of services and supports relating to international protection, integration, anti-racism and immigration. Our campaign work is informed by our direct support and focuses on systemic issues that cause inequalities, particularly affecting people from refugee and migrant backgrounds.
Duties of the post
The main duties of the post are:
- Answering calls on our 061 and 083 phones (directed to the same phone)
- Monitoring incoming WhatsApp and text messages on 083 phone
- Recording details of calls, including the support required if the caller is requesting an appointment or call-back (list of support areas is available)
- Forwarding calls and messages to relevant person, or entering details on a call log
The following knowledge and experience is essential:
- A friendly, patient, professional and respectful phone manner
- Excellent spoken and written English
- An understanding and ability to relate to people across cultures;
- Comfortable working in a busy, dynamic, multi-cultural environment;
The following are desirable but not essential:
- Have an understanding of the issues facing asylum seekers, refugees and migrants in Ireland particularly those who are at risk of social exclusion, poverty and discrimination;
- Additional language such as Arabic or French
Training will be provided.
Garda Vetting is a requirement for this role.
Start application process by emailing: email@example.com