Job Title Chief Executive Officer
Reporting to Board of Directors
Hours of work 35 hours per week
Place of Work Doras Offices, 51a, O’Connell Street, Limerick
Doras is an independent non-governmental organisation, which works to support and promote the rights of all migrants living in Ireland. We provide a range of services, some of which are designed to meet the specific needs of the migrant community and others, which are available to the wider community. Our main areas of work are direct client support, capacity building within
support services as well as migrant and minority communities, and advocating for relevant policy and legislative changes.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with the Board of Directors to formulate and regularly review the organisation’s vision, objectives and strategic plan.
- Ensure the organisation remains responsive to the needs of its clients and its stakeholders, and can demonstrate the value of services provided and the impact of its work.
- Explore and develop fundraising options in the private and public sectors.
- Ensure that the organisation is well administered and meets its governance responsibilities.
- Enhance the organisation’s impact and profile throughout Ireland.
- Help to shape public opinion and policy in relevant areas such as anti-racism, integration and international protection.
- Maintain an agile and responsive organisation, in tune with changing client needs, sectorial shifts and political landscapes.
- Provide direction and support for staff and volunteers in a way that optimises their personal contribution.
- Represent the organisation.
- Have a flexible approach to work in order to ensure the needs of the organisation are met.
- A strong commitment to respecting, protecting and fulfilling human rights for everyone.
- An appropriate qualification preferably in a relevant discipline such as voluntary sector management, business management, or a field relevant to the nature of the post.
- At least 5 years’ senior management experience, preferably in a relevant area.
- People-Friendly participatory management skills.
- A bottom up perspective, rather than a top-down approach.
- Knowledge of policies, practices and legislation relating to immigration and international protection in Ireland, as well as other areas relevant to people who are at risk of social exclusion, poverty and discrimination.
- The ability to challenge, coordinate and analyse issues of the day and government policy re. Direct Provision, refugees, asylum seekers, the International Protection Process and other related issues.
- Ability to maintain successful working relationships with a diverse groups of stakeholders.
- Ability to inspire and motivate a team of staff to excel in their roles.
- A flexible and adaptable approach to work.
- Experience of organisational financial management.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Excellent written, verbal, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Well-developed IT skills.
- Comfortable working in a busy, client-centred, dynamic, multi-cultural environment.
APPLICATION PROCESS & DOCUMENTS
All applications must be received no later than 5.00pm on Monday, 9th March 2020. All applicants will receive an acknowledgement but only those shortlisted for interview will receive a further communication.
Terms and Conditions
The CEO will be based at the DORAS Office, Central Buildings, O’Connell Street, Limerick, Republic of Ireland.
Hours of work: 35 hours per week, excluding lunch, a degree of flexibility will be required and may include occasional evening or weekend work.
Salary: Between €50,000 – €55,000 p.a. depending upon experience.
Contract: Fixed term of three years, renewable subject to funding
Please return completed Application Form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for receipt of applications – 5.00pm, Monday, 9th March 2020