“Doras Welcomes New CEO”
Doras is very pleased to have welcomed Seán McSweeney to our team as Chief Executive Officer, following the departure of Leonie Kerins in 2018. While we are sad to see her go, we wish Leonie the very best in her new role and thank her for the dedication she has shown Doras and our clients over the years.
Seán McSweeney, CEO of Doras, said: “I am delighted to be working for Doras and to have the opportunity to lead the organisation through the next chapter. I look forward to working with the Doras team, our clients and partners as we implement our new strategic plan and work towards our vision of a society where equality and respect for all human rights are realised.”
Hailing from Tipperary, Seán has a Masters in Social Justice and Public Policy and over 25 years of experience in the Community and Voluntary sectors. His journey to Doras has involved working for a number of Overseas Development Organisations, followed by senior management positions in the social inclusion field, working with individuals and communities experiencing disadvantage and marginalisation.
John Lannon, Doras Chairperson, said: “We are very pleased to have Seán with us at Doras. Seán brings a wealth of experience and wisdom to the organisation and we look forward to working with him into the future.”
Monika Fallon, Communications & Coordination Officer
Email: email@example.com; Tel: 061 310328/ 083 0595 346
Seán McSweeney, CEO
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Tel: 061 310 328
- Doras calls for human rights of people living in Direct Provision to be upheld (10/12/2018)
- Doras calls for action on human trafficking in Ireland and the EU (18/10/2018)
- Doras welcomes right to work for asylum seekers (03-07-2018)
- Statement on World Refugee Day 2018 (21-06-2018)
- Joint Statement from Migrant Rights Groups_8th Amendment (30-04-2018)
- Doras expand support services to respond to refugee needs in Ireland (19-02-2018)
- Effective access to employment for asylum seekers further delayed by Government (23-01-2018)